Whipped Shortbread Cookies
1 cup salted butter
1 1/2 cups white flour
1/2 cup icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla
glazed cherries cut in half
- Combine butter, icing sugar, & vanilla in a mixing bowl.
- Whip in mixer low until consistency is smooth.
- Add flour slowly and increase speed of mixer. Let the dough mix on medium-high for 5-10 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Using a small cookie scoop, drop on ungreased baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Top with halved glazed cherry.
- Bake at 350 degree pre-heated oven for 13-15 minutes.